If you’re like the owners and staff of Anchorage 1770, your dogs are a part of the family, and leaving them behind when traveling can be a traumatic experience. Luckily, at Anchorage 1770, we understand this and have 2 dog-friendly rooms on property as part of our ”Sea Dogs" Program (named after the Caribbean Pirates that frequented Beaufort during it’s early history).
Hunting Island State Park and Beach is just 20 minutes away from Anchorage 1770. A perennially top ten ranked state park in the US, it allows dogs year round, including on the beach and walking trails. This is a perfect place to begin your day in Beaufort with your "Sea Dog”. Downtown Beaufort is also very pet friendly. Just steps from Anchorage 1770 is the waterfront park and many restaurants with pet friendly patio seating. Most of the restaurants have water bowls outside ready for your pup.
If you are interested in having your dog stay with you on property, each guest must sign a dog release form at check-in. Dogs weighing less than 80 pounds will be permitted to stay with their owners in designated rooms. To make reservations for a room to accommodate a dog, please contact Anchorage 1770 and notify us of your dogs presence. We will apply a non-refundable fee of $50 per night with a maximum weekly charge of $200 to your room charge. If our dog friendly rooms are booked we will assist you with boarding accommodations for your dog.
Guest’s must either cage their dog or remove their dog from the room prior to housekeeping entry. If the dog would cause a disturbance the owner will be notified and must respond back to the hotel with-in 45 minutes of when the call was received. If the dog would cause any damages or cost to the hotel it will be the owner’s responsibility to pay for those costs. Each guest must sign a dog release form at check-in.
DOG RELEASE POLICY
As a registered inn guest who wishes to have my-house trained dog in my room, I agree to the following:
- A maximum of two (2) dogs may reside in one room/suite at any time.
- I will be responsible for any damage or replacement of any items stained or damaged by my dog.
- I will be responsible for any injury inflicted upon any inn employee or guest by my dog.
- Neither the Anchorage 1770, LLC or any of its employees shall be responsible for the safety or well-being of my dog.
- I understand that The Anchorage 1770, LLC may remove my dog from my room at my expense if my dog is left unattended and causes a disturbance
- Dogs are not permitted in any of the hotel’s lobby, food and beverage establishments, meeting rooms or recreational areas.
- I will keep my dog on a leash at all times when my dog is out of my guest room.
- I understand daily maid service is provided by The Anchorage 1770, LLC. I will notify the front desk of a time housekeeping will be able to enter my room to provide service.
- I understand that an employee of The Anchorage 1770, LLC will inspect my room upon departure from the hotel and assess the room for any damage.
Please be respectful of our other guests and clean up after your dog both inside the room and on our lawn. Please contact us if you have any questions about our dog policy.
"Feel like a regular low-country Lassie upon arrival at the Anchorage 1770. A waterside spread with all the Southern trimmings (three-level porch, lush grounds), this place seems made for pets. And, in fact, there are three dogs in the owners’ family!"
Who let the dogs inn
Everyday with Rachel Ray